How to View Instagram Stories Without Anyone Knowing
When someone posts an Instagram Story in 2021, Instagram tells them who has viewed and engaged with it. But sometimes you might want to view a Story without letting the user know.
Maybe you’re conducting market research and want to peek in on a competing brand’s Instagram strategy, and prefer to keep that information discreet. Whatever your reasons, here are two ways you can view someone’s Instagram Story without anyone knowing.
Method 1: Click the next Instagram Story and swipe back
This method takes advantage of the interface that allows you to swipe between different users’ Stories.
Here’s what to do:
- Find the profile whose Story you want to view secretly on your feed, and click on the profile right next to it.
- Tap on the Story to pause it, and then slowly and carefully swipe in the direction of the Story you want to view. It will appear as though on the adjacent side of a 3D box.
- Be careful not to swipe all the way, because if you do, the user will see that you’ve viewed it.
The major disadvantage of this method is that you can only view the first Story on that profile’s feed, and that you won’t be able to view videos. Another problem is that it can be easy to accidentally swipe all the way — and then the whole exercise will have been futile. Also, it won’t even let you get to the stage of being able to screenshot an IG story.
Method 2: Use a third-party app or website
This method requires using a different website or app. Viewing Stories through these applications doesn’t get counted in the stats, so the user won’t know that you’ve seen them. Because these are 3rd party apps please use them at your own risk:
- Desktop: Go to storiesig.com and search for the user. If their profile is public, you’ll be able to view and download all of that user’s current stories.
- iPhone: Download the Story Reposter app and log in. Search for the user in the search bar, and then tap on the folder with their Instagram Stories.
- Android: Download the Story Saver app and log in. Search for the account using the search icon in the upper right corner. You’ll be able to view their Stories in a feed format.
This method requires a little more effort, but it’s also more foolproof, and makes it much easier to download and save the Stories you’re viewing.