5 Social Media Content Ideas for National Small Business Week
Happy National Small Business Week! This year, National Small Business Week takes place from May 2-8, 2021. NSBW celebrates the 31.7 million small businesses across the United States. Small business owners have hustled hard this past year to keep their businesses alive and deserve this week of recognition more than ever.
Wondering how you can celebrate this occasion for your brand on social media? Here are 5 creative and engaging content ideas for NSBW.
1. Inspire your audience with actionable ways to support small businesses
Share specific and actionable ideas with your audience as to how they can support their favorite local businesses – during NSBW and beyond. For example, here are 5 ways to encourage your audience to support their neighborhood pizzeria:
– Buy pizza from them once a week / once a month etc. instead of eating out at a bigger, national chain
– Be sure to tip your server or deliveryperson
– Purchase a gift card for a friend
– Give the pizzeria a shoutout on your Instagram Stories next time you visit
– Leave a positive review on their Facebook page
No matter what industry you’re in, you can create a post or video on this topic. Here are some posts to help inspire your content:
2. Share your own small business journey
How did you (and your business) get to where you are today? NSBW is a great time to reflect on your journey and celebrate your successes as a small business owner. Share a post or video detailing your story. Some questions and prompts to help get you started:
– When did you start your business? What motivated you to initially start your business?
– What are some of the biggest challenges you’ve faced as a small business owner?
– What is your why – what keeps you motivated as a biz owner day after day?
– Share 3 things that your customers may not know about you.
– Be sure to thank the people who helped you along the way, whether that’s friends, family and/or customers.
Here are some great posts from small business owners sharing their own biz journeys:
3. Create a video in honor of National Small Business Week
Spread your NSBW message across social media with an eye-catching video! People are twice as likely to share video content with their friends, compared to any other type of content.
If you’re new to video content creation for social media, don’t worry! Boosted, the video creation app with professional, ready-to-go templates, has a unique template in honor of the occasion that you can customize for your own brand in only minutes:
4. Create an Instagram Guide of your favorite small business products & services
Instagram Guides is a new Insta feature that enables users to share tips, insights & longer-form content. Consider creating a Guide of a roundup of products and / or services you love from various local businesses. Within Guide Types, you can select either Products or Posts to create this type of Guide.
Check out our post here for more insights on how to create your own Instagram Guide:
5. Enter the #GrowWithBoosted Challenge
We’re hosting a special-edition #GrowWithBoosted Challenge over on our Instagram (@boosted_by_lightricks) in honor of National Small Business Week. Enter the challenge this week for the chance to win a $500 Amazon Gift Card or lifetime access to Boosted Premium!
Here are all the details you’ll need to enter:
We hope that these ideas help inspire your brand’s social media content in honor of National Small Business Week 2021! Be sure to check out our blog for more social media marketing insights for your small business.