How to Make Fitness, Yoga, Gym Promo Videos
Thanks to the global pandemic, social distancing, and lockdowns, YouTube workouts and Instagram fitness challenges are more popular than ever.
In fact, 16% of USA-based adults relied on using more online exercise videos in March 2020 alone, according to Statista.
This is good news if you have a business in this industry.
That said, there are some steps you need to take when it comes to creating your own fitness, yoga and gym promo videos so they don’t get lost in the crowd.
Define Your Goal
Firstly, define the main goal for your marketing video. Do you want to build your social media following? Boost engagement? Increase sales?
This will help you determine your video content. For example:
- If your main goal is to build your social media following, you may want to create consistent workout videos for free to offer value to your target audience and build trust.
- If your main goal is to boost engagement, you may decide to create a video that communicates a product giveaway. And all the viewer has to do is follow your brand and tag three friends in the comments section.
- Alternatively, if your main goal is to increase sales, you may choose to create a video showcasing your new arrivals with a special discount.
Defining your main goal in advance will also make the production process super intentional to save you time, which we know you need more of as a small business owner.
Develop Your Fitness, Yoga, Gym Promo Video
Next, there are some technical decisions you need to make in terms of video format and structure. These should all link back to your main goal.
Long Form Versus Short Form
Needless to say, a workout video is naturally going to be longer than a giveaway video.
However, the exact length depends on where you’re planning to publish your video because some social media platforms have limits.
Not sure on the platform(s) yet? Consider where your audience hangs out and where your video is likely to get the most traction.
According to Wyzowl, 90% of consumers watch videos on their mobile devices. Therefore, the aspect ratio of your video matters.
You can choose from numerous options, including:
- 1:1 (square)
- 16:9 (landscape)
- 9:16 (portrait)
When you shoot a video on an iPhone camera, the ratio is automatically 16:9 and it can be difficult to change it at a later date.
However, there are some handy social media video creation apps that give you the option to upload your video and alter the ratio later, such as Boosted by Lightricks.
Original Footage Versus Templates
If you’re not the best videographer or struggling to capture the images you need to produce a mesmerizing moving picture, don’t stress. You don’t have to shoot the video yourself. You can use stock videos or video templates to make your life easier.
For instance, Boosted has a selection of templates you can choose from based on the industry. Each template features high-quality imagery but you can also upload your own footage to mix it in if you wish.
Add Finishing Touches to Your Fitness Promo Video
Lastly, edit your video to get the desired look and feel. Here are a few elements to consider:
- Filter — do you want to add a filter to perfect the aesthetic?
- Music — do you want to add music to convey a specific mood?
- Text — which important details do you need to communicate in written form?
- Branding — which colors can you use to match your brand’s color palette? Which fonts would align with your branding? Do you want to include your brand’s logo, website, and/or social media handles?
A lot of video-makers swear by programs like iMovie and Adobe Final Cut Pro. Having said that, these can be fiddly and expensive, unlike a social media video app such as Boosted.
With the fitness, yoga and gym market moving towards online video, it’s more important than ever to get on the bandwagon. Otherwise, you might find that you get left behind.
Just make sure that you’re not creating social media videos for the sake of it. Be intentional, make the right decisions for your audience, and focus on quality over quantity.