How to Make a LinkedIn Promo Video for Your Brand
That said, it’s the only social network with a specific business focus, which makes its audience ideal for B2B companies.
How do you engage this audience? Well, don’t just stick to regular image and text posts. According to Hubspot, 80% of companies claim that video has directly increased comments, clicks, and conversions.
But first, you need to learn how to make a LinkedIn promo video that will attract eyeballs.
Plan Out Your LinkedIn Promo Video
First things first, plan out your LinkedIn promo video to save time, energy, and money later.
- What your key marketing objectives are
- The messages you need to get across in audio and/or visuals
- The length of your video
Needless to say, the length will vary depending on the type of LinkedIn video that you decide to create. The options are as follows:
- In-feed — pops up on the news feed of your connections and your profile and can be up to ten minutes in length
- Live video stream — a relatively new (2019) service where you can capture instant videos up to four hours in length
- Ad — pops up as “Promoted” content on the news feed of your target audience and can be from three seconds to 30 minutes long (LinkedIn claim that the most successful video ads are less than 15 seconds long)
Struggling to decide which video type is best for your business? Keep in mind these statistics:
- LinkedIn Live streams increased by 437% in 2020
- Brands get 24x more comments on LinkedIn Live streams than on their in-feed videos
- 80% of B2B content marketers use and get results from LinkedIn ads, according to the Content Marketing Institute
Making the final decision ultimately depends on the goal(s) you have for your video and what makes the most sense for your business.
Create Your LinkedIn Video Content
The type of LinkedIn video you decide to make directly affects the content. After all, a live video stream is designed to be shot organically given that it’s instant and there’s no opportunity to make edits.
An in-feed video might also be more organic showing behind-the-scenes footage into your brand, customer interviews, and/or product tutorials. However, you might want to polish them up a bit to put your best foot forward online so-to-speak.
Then there are video ads. These must be professional, high in quality, and align with your branding to capture the attention of your target audience.
Don’t currently have the fancy equipment you need to produce a top-class video that rivals your competitors? Not to worry—you can use a social media video creation app, such as Boosted by Lightricks, to build your masterpiece using one of their handy templates.
These templates feature stock imagery for your convenience. Alternatively, you can upload your own footage to blend in with a particular template or create a completely new one. Either way, it’s never been easier (or quicker) to produce on-brand LinkedIn videos.
Edit Your LinkedIn Promo Video
Lastly, as we mentioned previously, you won’t need to edit your LinkedIn promo video if you’re streaming live.
Having said that, it’s a good idea to make edits to your in-feed or ad videos. For instance, you might want to:
- Add text for the people who scroll social media with their sound turned off
- Implement your branding in the form of fonts, colors, and/or website URL(s)
- Cut down the length if it’s too long
- Add a filter as the perfect finishing touch
- Add music to convey a specific mood
Once your video is ready to impress, all that’s left to do is upload it and click that all-important “publish” button.
Sometimes LinkedIn gets overlooked as an effective social media marketing tool. However, this is a travesty, especially for small B2B business owners.
Whether you decide to make an in-feed post, Live Stream, or ad, videos are a proven way to grow your brand on this platform. Just use the results of previous campaigns to dictate the type of video you produce.