Video Marketing Statistics in 2020
It’s no secret that video is becoming the preferred content channel for marketers worldwide.
As people use their phones, computers, and tablets to stream more video than ever before, brands and businesses are discovering a tremendous opportunity to connect with their audiences.
Even so, while it’s important to keep on top of trends, you need to be able to justify a new marketing strategy.
What kind of ROI do you really get from video marketing? Do the available video marketing stats back up the need for video marketing for small businesses?
B2B Video Marketing Statistics
While B2B marketing uses different strategies than consumer-focused businesses, video is still a great bet to deliver the best ROI for your brand.
Real Estate Video Marketing Statistics
If you’re a realtor, video marketing provides ample opportunities to exhibit your products and properties that few other media channels can match. Moreover, the data shows that it works!
- Real estate listings that include videos get 403% more replies than those without
- Both buyers and sellers love video—nearly 85% say they prefer to work with realtors who use video for marketing
- 40% of prospective home buyers find video tours to be helpful when making their decisions
- 70% of prospective buyers want the option of taking a virtual video tour of a home
SaaS Video Marketing Statistics
SaaS is quickly becoming the go-to model for most businesses’ software needs, but the competition has grown fierce. Here’s why video is key to unlock your SaaS marketing potential.
- A recent study found that 82% of buyers are encouraged to take action after watching a video by a business
- B2B marketers who use video can expand their revenues 49% faster than those who don’t
- Video is better at grabbing executives’ attention—a recent study found 59% of senior executives would rather watch a video than read an article
- 60% of visitors to a website would watch a video before reading any text if it is available
Social Media Video Marketing Statistics
Regardless of your industry or your target audience, you’re probably going to need social media for outreach purposes.
The good news is that social media videos are some of the best tools you have to connect with your audience. Here’s why:
- 46% of consumers watch more video ads on social media than they do on TV
- Some research estimates that social media ad revenues will reach nearly $11.70 billion in 2020, easily more than twice as much as 2017’s $5.70 billion.
- 32% of consumers will scope out a brand’s social media before they visit a website
- Video remains king on social media, with 45% of consumers noting it’s their favorite type of branded content
- Video ads are the most popular way consumers learn out about a new brand on social media (45% of respondents)
Facebook Video Marketing Statistics
- 64% of consumers in a survey noted that a video on Facebook has influenced a purchasing decision
- Facebook users watch over 100 million hours of video per day
- Videos are shared 1200% more often than text and images combined
- Facebook videos that are mobile optimized improve your brand awareness up to 67%
- The average engagement rate for Facebook videos is slightly above 6%, or 2% higher than the average for all other posts
Email Video Marketing Statistics
Considering video’s popularity and engagement rates, including them in your email campaigns makes perfect sense. Here’s why you can benefit by integrating video into your email marketing:
- There were 3.7 billion global email users in 2017, a number set to grow to 4.3 billion by 2022
- Email continues to deliver strong ROI, with a return of roughly $32 for every $1 you spend
- Adding videos to your email can increase click rates by up to 300%
- Even just using the word “video” in your emails can increase open rates by 19%
Benefits of Video Marketing Statistics
Knowing what works best is the first step towards making better decisions about your marketing strategy. No matter your industry, you can make use of these video marketing statistics to allocate resources effectively and create more engaging campaigns.