41 TikTok Video Ideas For Small Businesses
By: Cori Widen, Product Marketing Lead at Boosted by Lightricks
So you’ve set up your TikTok account, watched a few videos and gotten to know your way around the platform…but now what? As a small business owner, you might be interested in becoming more active on this rising new platform, but you’re probably left wondering what type of TikTok videos you should be creating.
While there are many young users on TikTok, this social media platform isn’t just for teens to post pranks or dancing videos. You might be surprised to learn that there are a ton of great TikTok videos about entrepreneurship and small businesses. To help your small business get started on TikTok, we’ve done the research and brainstorming for you. Keep reading for 41 video content ideas that would be perfect for your small business to post on TikTok.
Get to Know You
1. Introduce Yourself: A great first TikTok video for small business owners is to introduce themselves. The more personal your business feels, the more people will be able to relate. Share your name, a few fun facts about yourself and a little about your business so people can get to know you as soon as they follow.
2. Workspace Tour: Share your workspace with your customers! They will love to see where your products are created. Do you have a dedicated home office? Do you have a retail location? Do you work at your kitchen table? Showing off your workspace helps your customers relate to you even more.
3. Day in the Life: Take your followers along with you on a typical day as a small business owner! Show a few things that you do throughout the day; everything from the tedious things like paperwork and phone calls to the more exciting things like designing a new product line. This will help your customers understand what it’s really like to be a small business owner.
4. Success Story: There are lots of success stories on TikTok. What will yours be? Can you share your biggest achievement? Or what was something you accomplished in your small business that you are really proud of? Don’t be afraid to brag a little bit!
5. Meet The Team: It’s nice for your customers to get to know you as well as the team that helps your small business stay afloat. Can your team members each do a video to introduce themselves? Or are you a family-run business? Let your customers get to know the people behind your business.
6. About Your Business Name: Share how you came up with your business name! Most of your customers might not know the meaning of your company’s name. Share the story of how you came up with the name and what it means.
7. Meet Your Pets: Who doesn’t want to see cute animals on TikTok? Show off your furry coworkers in your TikTok videos.
8. Community Service: As a local business owner you might be passionate about supporting your local community. Share a little bit about what you are doing to help out in your local community. This helps prospective customers understand what you are passionate about, which is sometimes a great differentiator in the market.
9. Your Why: What keeps you going? You can share what’s most important to you in your personal life or the mission behind your small business. This helps your customers understand what you are most passionate about and what drives you.
10. A Favorite DIY: There are tons of DIY videos on TikTok and sharing one of your favorite DIYs is a great way for your customers to get to know you outside of work. Are there any DIYs you like to do in your spare time that you can share with your followers like how to garden, tie dye or draw?
About Your Company
11. Packaging Orders: One of the most common videos for small business you might come across TikTok is how to package orders. There’s something satisfying about seeing how a business packs orders and your customers will love seeing what happens before they receive their order.
12. Organizing Inventory: If you are a product-based small business you can show off how you organize inventory. This content could be helpful for other small business owners and helps your customers understand all of the hard work you do that they might not have thought about.
13. Listing Products Online: Something your customers might not think about is the work involved with listing a product online. Share everything that goes into creating the actual listing for your product. This could include the photoshoot, copywriting and some of the backend website work. Maybe you could even give your customers a sneak peek of a new product that is about to be released!
14. Product How-To: Have a great process for how you create your products? Teach your customers what goes into creating your products/services with a mini how-to instructional video.
15. Start to Finish Timelapse: It can be fun to watch something at high speed to see the entire process for how something is made from beginning to end. Show off anything you want in a high-speed timelapse: a day in your life, how you create your products or even how you decorate your front desk.
16. Your Inspiration: Another type of video that does well on TikTok are inspirational videos. Share what keeps you motivated and inspired as a small business owner. This can be anything from your family, community service, your favorite treats and more.
17. The Idea: Was there a specific thing that prompted you to come up with the idea for your company? Share the story behind the inspiration or what happened when you first had the idea to start your small business!
18. Supplies Needed: A TikTok video idea you might not have thought about is sharing all of the tools that you need to run your business. For example, if you are a voiceover professional, share more about the type of microphone you use, how you sound-proof your room and how to read scripts. This content is helpful and interesting to fellow or aspiring small business owners and it also helps your customers understand everything that goes into your business!
19. The Best Sellers: Show off your best-selling products or services! Highlight one or two of your products that are most popular and explain why people love it. This would be a great video to post when you’ve recently re-stocked some of your best sellers.
20. Product Displays: If you display your products in a physical location, share how you set up the displays. This is just as satisfying whether you are a baker styling desserts or a retail boutique displaying clothing or jewelry.
21. Most Requested Service: Are you a service-based business? Share a quick overview of your most requested service and how it works. This will help educate a customer who might be interested in learning more or knowing what they will be getting if they sign on with you.
22. Show Off the Details: Have a product with amazing details? Share an up close and personal look of your products to show off what makes them so special.
23. Announce a Sale: Who doesn’t love a sale? If you are having a limited time sale on your website, store or have discounted your services you should definitely share this with your customers on TikTok. Be sure to provide them with a clear CTA on how to take advantage of the sale.
24. How to Use Products: Do you products involve some type of learning curve or are there any helpful tips you can provide your customers? A great video content idea for a small business is to help educate their customers about how to use their products for the best experience.
25. Stock Updates: Have you been working on a new product or service that is about to be released? Are you restocking one of your best sellers? Build excitement about any stock updates by announcing when the products will be available next.
26. How to Start: Before you started your business you probably would have appreciated content about how to get started. Sharing how to start a business like yours could help another small business owner and it’s also interesting for your customers to learn more about how you got started.
27. Favorite Online Tools: Do you have any go-to online tools that are essential for you to run your business? Put together a TikTok video that shares the online tools you love to use and why they are so helpful.
28. Obstacles You Overcame: It’s not easy being a small business owner and you’ve likely overcome quite a few obstacles in your entrepreneurial journey. Share with your customers some of the hardships you’ve faced and how you got through them.
29. What You Wish You Knew: Another high-quality type of video content a small business can share on TiKTok is something they’ve learned or wished they had known sooner in their journey as a small business owner.
30. Mistakes You’ve Made: Usually it’s not a common thing to draw attention to mistakes we have made but this is a great TikTok video to maybe help other small business owners avoid making the same mistake and it makes you more personal so your customers can relate to you even more.
31. Show Processes: There are probably plenty of things you do everyday in your small business that you could show your customers a behind-the-scenes look while sharing tips for your fellow business owners such as sending out PR packages, printing marketing materials and more.
32. Share a Life Hack: TikTok is full of great life hacks! If you come across a life hack or business tip video that you like, recreate it and put your own spin on it.
33. Ask For Follows: TikTok isn’t your main social media account, it’s totally acceptable to ask for your followers to also follow you on Instagram or Facebook for content. When asking your TikTok followers for a follow on another social media platform be sure to give them a good reason why they should follow you there also.
34. Something Satisfying: Who doesn’t love when a super satisfying video pops up in their feed? For example, if you are a baker can you share a video of a perfectly iced cake? Or if you are a chiropractor can you share a super satisfying back crack? You might be surprised how well these types of TikTok videos do!
35. Things That Just Make Sense: You might have seen the TikTok trend where people share things in their home that ‘just make sense’. A fun spin on this for small business owners is to share things in your business that make sense and help you run your business more smoothly.
36. Host a Giveaway: Just like you would host a giveaway on Instagram or Facebook, you can easily host a giveaway on TikTok as well. Just be sure it is easy for people to enter to increase the number of people who participate.
37. Share a Discount Code: Who says you can’t make sales from TikTok? If customers can easily order your products online, give your TikTok followers an exclusive discount code to encourage them to head to your website to redeem their discount code.
38. Photoshoot Tips: Do you take your own photos? Is there anything you’ve learned that could help another small business owner take better photos? This could be anything from how you style photos for Instagram photoshoots, how to the settings on a professional camera or the type of lighting you use.
39. Shout-Out to Other Small Businesses: As a small business owner you know how important it is to support small businesses and how much it means to you when someone shows you support. Why not share the love? Give a shout-out to some of your personal favorite small businesses.
40. Reasons To Shop Small: Help spread awareness about why it is so important to support small and local businesses and share your favorite reasons to shop small.
41. Say Thank You: And last but not least, don’t forget to say thank you to all of your customers, friends, family and local community members who help support your small business.
Cori Widen is the Product Marketing Lead at Boosted by Lightricks. She has been leading product marketing campaigns and doing qualitative market research in the tech industry for 10 years.